Are you looking forward to expressing your love to your family during the month of February? Instead of the traditional gifts of chocolates and jewelry, how about with a Florida estate plan? As you think of your future and the future of your children a Florida estate plan can show your family how much you love them.
Start now working with an experienced Florida estate planning attorney and together you can create an estate plan thoughtfully and thoroughly and your family will know your wishes. In addition, when you pass away your family will not have to go through lengthy court procedures, challenges with creditors or be without an advocate. We understand it can be stressful to think about life after your death, but we also know that estate planning is critical to ensure that the sorrow your loved ones feel is not compounded by a crisis that could have been avoided.
As you start your estate planning we would like to share five reasons for estate planning. These five reasons for an estate plan will help you express your love to your family during the month of February.
- An estate plan will ensure that your family’s future is rock solid. Your estate plan will allow you to take steps now to limit the reach of creditors to your estate, maximize your assets and set guidelines to make sure your spouse and your children are provided for in the event of your passing.
- An estate plan will lessen conflict in your family and even make it nonexistent. With your estate plan you can make decisions and select decision makers now and definitely limit the chances of family arguments. Your estate plan will allow your loved ones time to focus on dealing with their grief instead of wasting time fighting over what your wishes might have been.
- An estate plan will eliminate uncertainty. Your estate plan will take the burden of responsibility off the shoulders of your family by making the tough choices now. It will be incredibly hard for your family members to make well-reasoned decisions during difficult emotional times
- An estate plan has the potential to remove all stress. You and your family will benefit from your estate planning. By making end of life decisions now you can relieve your stress and the stress of your family by alleviating any uncertainty that can come with end of life decision making. Most importantly, once your plan is in place you know that all of your end of life decisions are your own and not someone else’s.
- An estate plan can give your family peace of mind. Your estate plan will tell your family how much you love them. Knowing you have taken care of everything from health care decision making and finances to taxes and wealth transfer strategies, will mean everything to your family when the planning you have put in place needs to be implemented. Giving them peace of mind when it matters most is one of the best ways to express your love to your family.
At the end of the day we know that estate planning is not just for you, it is also for the ones you love most. If we can answer any questions for you on putting this estate planning in place, please do not hesitate to let us know.
We know this article may raise more questions than it answers. The experienced team of attorneys here at Hemness Faller, The Law Office formerly known as Emma Hemness, P.A., are here for you and your family and we want to be YOUR estate planning and elder law attorneys. After all, we are ordinary people, providing extraordinary guidance backed by years of experience and advocacy for the vulnerable citizens in our community. We encourage you to contact us and schedule a meeting with us.