Guardian Advocacy Video FAQ

Guardian Advocacy Video FAQ

Home » Guardian Advocacy Video FAQ

If you are a parent of a child with autism, or Down Syndrome, or some other intellectual or developmental disability, no doubt you are concerned about what may happen to your child after you are no longer here. Will your child have a safe place to live? Will your child get the health care she deserves? Who will protect your child from being influenced by bad actors? You want to have peace of mind that there will be someone you know and trust to protect your child as well as you have. The good news is you can put in writing the person you want to be the guardian (guardian advocate) for your disabled child. You can put this within your Will. Or you can initiate the Florida legal process of Standby Guardian Advocate. In either way, this tells the Court who you believe is the best choice for taking over when you are no longer here.

We’ve designed the questions in our Video FAQ page to start answering your questions. Don’t wait to learn from our expert team! Have questions for yourself or a loved one? Call us at 813-661-5297 or contact us through our website with your questions. We look forward to meeting you!

When does a guardian advocate need to be represented by an attorney?

What is the ABLE Act?

Are guardianships for minor children different from guardianship for older persons?

When is a guardianship necessary?